Thursday, May 21, 2009

The Art Potential of Elementary Students


Mr. H's school put on an art show this week. Their art teacher is PHENOMENAL! Look at these! These are just a tiny sampling of what these students did. I didn't know who Georgia O'Keefe or Matisse were until I studied art in college, and these kids are studying them like professionals!

I wish you could have seen the whole show! Every wall is covered with amazing pieces - and all done by kindergartners through eighth graders! I know when I am drawing or painting, the world looks SO beautiful to me. The colors are brighter, the shadows scream out, the poetry of the visual world is so obvious after hiding for so long. Just imagine how these kids are going to look at the world when they are taught to be so observant so young. YUM.



No comments:

Post a Comment