Friday, May 15, 2009

Easy Organic Baby Food At Home



Organic apples were on sale yesterday, so I bought bags and bags and made baby food! It is really so easy to make - the hardest part is peeling the apples! Pureed apples make a nice sweet addition to other foods, too, so I like to keep my freezer stocked. Buying organic baby food is so expensive, and who knows how much nutrition is really left in it? It is so easy to make my own. I'm so happy that the farmers' markets are opening up! I'll be able to make much more!
Simply wash, peel, and chop up the apples and add them to a sauce pan with a couple of tablespoons of water. Boil them until they are very soft. Puree them in a food processor, blender, or food mill until they are very smooth. Then drop them into ice cube trays, freeze them, and drop the frozen applecubes into Ziploc bags. Each one is the perfect portion for first foods, and a great size to add to other foods as baby starts to eat more.
here are the recipe books I use for more complicated mixtures:

Wholesome Meals for Babies and Toddlers: Healthy Food Your Kids Will Love to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment