Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Boppy Cover

I just found these instructions for making a boppy cover - a great idea for me as I've had mine for years and years, and it has a really awful alphabet cover on it. I never nursed as well with the boppy as I did with pillows, but I used it for a million other things from sitting on it when I broke my tailbone in delivery to propping the kidlets up before they could completely sit up. There are actually quite nice covers out there these days, but I'm thinking I'll save some $$ and make my own. (this is how i approach everything - including the $300 window seat box cushion I made for our kitchen window. I'm sure I could have bought it for half the price, but I have a knack for making things take longer and cost twice as much by making them myself.... THIS time, it absolutely should be cheaper!!)

I'm having these nesting cravings that come and go, and I think this project is much more doable than the curtains which are currently a stack of fabric boring holes into the back of my head as I sit here.... I'll let you know how it goes.

Just looking at the pattern - it seems strange to me that the zipper is across the whole top of it like that? I'm going to try to make one just using my old boppy cover. I think that will be easier. I'll let you know how THAT goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment