Monday, March 30, 2009

Tea Party Invitations



A graphic designer friend I used to know used to say, "I'm the best because I only use the BEST art, and the BEST photographers. Now I can find both at istock. I adore this site. Everyone most likely knows this, but it is the BEST resource for original art out there. Everything is very affordable, too! (although when I started using it, everything was $1, and now some are as high as $25! shocking!) I usually stick to the vector illustrations and the photos. These are some of the vector illustrations I found that I thought would be fun for a tea party. I used the comp versions to play around with layout - old fashioned cut and paste. Miss Mae thought we should make ALL of them, and send each friend their own. I convinced her it was a better idea to go with one. This is the one we decided upon:


I can honestly say I have NEVER seen a sweet little girl wearing a teacup skirt with a saucer hat standing on a sugar cube, while catching tiny sugar cubes with her spoons. TOO great. The card is a yummy off white, and the envelope Miss Mae's favorite: PINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment