Monday, January 26, 2009

I Dream For My Child

We were assigned to write what we dreamed for our child by Henry's kindergarten teacher. She is putting together memory books that we will get at the end of the year, and we do things like this periodically. Here is what we wrote:

I dream that Henry will grow up to be strong, and healthy, and happy.

I dream that he will be surrounded by people who love him and whom he loves.

I dream that he gets to laugh. A LOT. I dream his home is filled with laughter.

I dream that he doesn’t have to know the pain of losing people who are close to him.

I dream that he is a responsible man and makes the world a better place.

I dream that he will learn to use the amazing gifts God has given him.

I dream that he gets to visit all of the places he dreams about around the world.

I dream that he is able to continue to have trust and faith in people, and they continue to delight him.

I dream that he keeps and develops his faith in God and shares it with the people in his world.

These seem like good things to strive for for all of us - and things I'm going to try to be mindful of and prioritize. Can you think of some more?

No comments:

Post a Comment