Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Schedule of the School Age

How could I have never even known when school started?? Suddenly my entire life is revolving around the first week of September; 8:20 - 3:00! Just last year I was driving along, completely oblivious to the this monumental shift in people's lives. Every so often I would get stuck in a long line of cars only to realize it was a school crossing and then surmise school had started. My son was in preschool, but somehow the gravitational pull wasn't quite as strong as when a kid starts kindergarten. Maybe it is the EVERY single day thing. When being held to a schedule a couple of days a week didn't really affect our lives as this does. I wonder, now, how can anyone not know that SCHOOL has started, and that we are all in the swing of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment