Monday, December 8, 2008

On the Eighth Day of Christmas...

My true love gave to me:

Eight Maids A-Milking,

Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
fiiiive gooolden riiiings,
fo-our calling birds,
three french hens,
two-ooo turtle doves,
and a partri-idge in a pear treeeeee!

I am sure going to have this song down by the time these twelve days are over! Maids a-milking could refer to the eight beatitudes, romance, or proposals of marriage.

We are going to focus on St. Jude's Children's' Research Hospital for day eight of our Twelve Days of Christmas. St. Jude's is a medical center and it is a research hospital. Some of the greatest research in cancers, some acquired and inherited immunodeficiencies, sickle cell disease, infectious diseases and genetic disorders, is happening here. And every child is accepted for treatment with out regard to their ability to pay. I cry just thinking about it - how sad i am for those sick kids, how beautiful it is that they can be helped no matter how much money they have, how beautiful those people are who are accepting them and not caring about money. My mom is named after St. Jude - her mother was always very close to St. Jude. We can make a difference by donating to them. And of course, I will send 15% of any purchase to them - just email me if they are your choice after check out, and I will take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment