Sunday, December 7, 2008

On The Seventh Day of Christmas...

My true love gave to me:
Seven Swans A-Swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Fiiiive goooolden riiiiings,
Fo-ur calling birds,
Three french hens,
Two turtle doves,
and a paaaartri-idge in a pear treeeee.

Our seven swans can represent the seven Blessed Sacraments, royalty, or, again, a tasty part of a feast, although in England, no one EATS the swans anymore, thank goodness. Today is the last of the birds from the song. If our true love were really to gift us this many birds, we'd have TWENTY EIGHT birds!! That is quite a feast!!

I had a table at two shows this weekend, and got some great donations to our charities! I'm going to be so happy to send off those checks! The shows wiped me out, and I took a long nap this morning (after not being able to sleep past 4 am, ugh) so I'm finally getting this up today.
Today's charity is Autism Society of America. Here is their statement:
  • ASA, the nation’s leading grassroots autism organization, exists to improve the lives of all affected by autism. We do this by increasing public awareness about the day-to-day issues faced by people on the spectrum, advocating for appropriate services for individuals across the lifespan, and providing the latest information regarding treatment, education, research and advocacy.

Autism seems to be on such a rise today. Are there really more cases? Are the cases just document better? And the spectrum is SO huge! I've read articles about adults being diagnosed for the first time when their children were diagnosed. I think we all know people who are affected by autism. Let's support them. Here is a way to get involved. You can donate here.

And as always, with every purchase you make at http://www.catinanapron.com/, I'll donate 15% to the charity of your choice from our list. Just email me at marne@catinanapron.com and I'll take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment